The Joan Gaynor Kuder Scholarship was established in memory of Joan in 1989. The first scholarship was awarded in 1992. Joan served Colorado State in several capacities during her 17 years of association with the University. She believed strongly in and encouraged life-long learning, and the important role it plays in employees’ job satisfaction. Her family and friends established this scholarship to continue Joan’s work.
There are two scholarships available for the 2017-18 academic year, each for $1,500. The Scholarship Committee is seeking applications from full-time, 9 or 12 month CSU employees (administrative professional, state classified, faculty) who have an active record of academic achievement and advancement, are working toward an identified educational goal, and have contributed to their particular units and/or to the University community by serving in additional capacities. Employees do NOT have to be formally admitted to a degree program to be considered for this scholarship. Past recipients are NOT eligible for the scholarship. The scholarships will be awarded Fall 2017. Recipients must be enrolled at that time to receive the funds.
- Currently registered for at least 3 credits through CSU-Fort Collins or CSU-On Line (including the Colorado State University study privilege)
- Stated goal of attaining a degree from Colorado State University
- Eligible employees include full-time (40 hours per week) state classified personnel, administrative-professional staff, and academic faculty
This is a competitive award. It is important that applicants provide thoughtful and clear responses to the questions.
A Complete Application Includes
- Responses to the short essay questions
- A copy of transcripts (unofficial copy is acceptable) in chronological order
- One letter of recommendation that addresses your life-long learning
Deadline for full consideration is 5 pm Friday, April 28, 2017.
Other questions? Contact Maggie Birt at Maggie.Miranda-Birt@colostate.edu.