Graduate Student Resources
Dear CSU Graduate Student,
Welcome to Colorado State University! We are excited that you’ll be a Ram this fall! CSU has a Division of Student Affairs (VPSA-ORG-CHART.PDF) that has many resources for graduate students and potentially their families. As a CSU graduate student, we want you to know that our staff can make you aware of resources and programs, both on and off campus, that can support you. The following email is intended to provide you with some information that has been requested by CSU graduate students in the past -as it relates to student services.
CSU Specific Resources for Graduate Students:
- Student Diversity Programs and Services:
- Support services specific to students with underrepresented identities:http://diversity.colostate.edu/student-diversity-programs-services/
- Additional support services for graduate students with diverse backgrounds:http://www.graduateschool.colostate.edu/documents/diversity-and-access/CAP-Info.pdf?1/10/2015.
- Adult Learner & Veteran Services: Provides vital information about what it means to be an adult learner (non-traditional age college student) and/or a veteran student starting at CSU and introduces students to the resources available. http://alvs.colostate.edu/
- Housing & Dining Services: Provides on-campus residence hall and off campus apartment residential experiences and on- campus dining plans. http://housing.colostate.edu/
- Apartment Life has potential housing for graduate students (and their families):http://housing.colostate.edu/university-apartments
- Dining Services has meal plan options: http://housing.colostate.edu/dining
- Off Campus Life: Includes services related to renting apartments/homes/etc., things to consider when purchasing a home, rideshare programs, a commuter lounge, etc. http://www.offcampuslife.colostate.edu/default.aspx
- Lory Student Center: Lots of student support service offices, Ram Card Office, First National Bank Office, food venues, events and programs, etc.- are at/happen at the LSC. http://www.sc.colostate.edu/
- Student Legal Services: Includes services related to housing matters, criminal matters, wills, powers of attorney, family matters, reviewing leases, etc. http://sls.colostate.edu/legal-info
- The Recreation Center: Fitness, intramural sports, outdoor adventure programs, and overall health and wellness programs. http://campusrec.colostate.edu/
- CSU Health Network:
- Communications Toolkit specific to graduate students: http://health.colostate.edu/communications-toolkit-for-new-graduate-students/
- Domestic Student Health Insurance Information- http://health.colostate.edu/student-health-insurance/domestic-undergraduategraduate-student-insurance/ – under the eligibility tab
- International Student Health Insurance Information – http://health.colostate.edu/student-health-insurance/international-student-health-insurance/ – under the eligibility tab
- Career Center: Drop in or by appointment CV/Vita and job search support, interview support, career development support with Career Education Team, and more. http://www.career.colostate.edu/
- Case Management: Provides support and referral services for students experiencing difficult medical, mental health, personal/family crisis, illness, or injury situations. http://www.studentcasemanagement.colostate.edu/
- Campus Smoke Free Zones (http://tobaccopolicy.colostate.edu/) and Quitting Resources (http://health.colostate.edu/resources/tobacco/)
CSU Specific Resources for Graduate Students with Families:
- Parent & Family Programs Office: Can provide guidance to graduate students about potential resources and support for their immediate family members (i.e., partner/spouse and/or children). http://parentsandfamily.colostate.edu/
- The Recreation Center: Fitness, intramural sports, outdoor adventure programs, and overall health and wellness programs – for family members. http://campusrec.colostate.edu/
- CSU full-time students’ (so any graduate student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours) spouse/partners can purchase a full membership to the Rec Center as long as they can provide a bill, lease, or piece of mail that has both individuals names on it. Full info on memberships is available here: http://csurec.colostate.edu/services/memberships/
- Once a spouse/partner has a membership, the complete services and programs of the Rec Center are open to them, which includes the Rec, Intramurals, the spa, etc.
- If students would like to purchase a guest pass in lieu of a full membership for their spouse/partner, they can do so for $5.00 a day.
- We offer family hours for students to bring in their dependents (up to 4) and spouse/partner for free. These hours vary depending on the semester, but generally they are Fridays from 3 pm – Sundays at 5 pm, and fall, winter, and summer breaks are from open to close each day. More info here: http://csurec.colostate.edu/facility/hours/
- Lactation Rooms: Locations on campus that serve as lactation rooms. https://www.fm.colostate.edu/lactation_rooms
- Ram Kidz Village: Drop-in childcare that includes structured, educational activities for children aged 12 months-11 years old while their parent remains in the Morgan Library.http://lib.colostate.edu/about/news/2014/ram-kidz-village
Ft. Collins Area Resources for Graduate Students With or Without Families:
- Career Builder – The Coloradoan: Resource to find potential job opportunities in Ft. Collins. http://coloradoan.gannettonline.com/careerbuilder/index.html
- Downtown Ft. Collins: Provides information on downtown Ft. Collins dining, arts and culture, shops and services, etc. available in downtown Ft. Collins. http://downtownfortcollins.com/
- Super Shuttle and Green Ride: Shuttle services to and from Denver International Airport (DIA)http://www.supershuttle.com/ or http://www.greenrideco.com/
- Larimer County Early Childhood Council: Includes information re: options for daycare/childcare in the Ft. Collins and broader Larimer County Area. http://www.ecclc.org/
- Fullana Learning Center: Provides information re: early childhood programs and schooling options in Ft. Collins and the broader Poudre School District. https://www.psdschools.org/school/fullana-learning-center
- Poudre School District: Provides information re: schools and schooling in the Ft. Collins and broader Poudre School District. https://www.psdschools.org/
We hope this list of resources can be helpful if needed. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office if you have questions or suggestions for additional resources we should list/note.
The Division of Student Affairs